Tuesday, July 01, 2008

To a young child in Cambodia

There is a small hole in my heart that is empty and aching. It is waiting for you. I have not seen your beautiful face or heard the music of your name. I have never seen you smile or wondered at your curiosity. I am waiting to find you. When we find each other, I will give you the greatest gifts I possess: love and learning.

We may never embrace in a hug or hear each other’s voices. It is strange that cold, emotionless technology can take our words to each other and connect our hearts across the distance of the whole earth. I am grateful that our lives will soon be tied together with the silken cords of friendship, woven piece by piece like the scarves you create.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing. You have such a big heart!

    ReplyDelete