Monday, June 30, 2008

The Many Faces of Wall-E

Have you seen it yet??

I saw Wall*E at a special charity screening a few weeks ago at Pixar. It was awesome. It's hard not to love a Pixar movie when you're in The Pixar Theater in Emeryville. It would feel treasonous to not love it. Plus, I'm completely biased because of family connections. If you want an objective opinion, go somewhere else. Disclaimers aside, I loved this movie! My kids already adore Wall*E even though they haven't seen it yet. (Although they might have seen it by the time this is published, since I'm writing this several days in advance.)

If it's possible to fall in love with an animated trash-collecting robot, then I'm guilty as charged. Who wouldn't fall in love with a face this cute?












Here I am with both Wall*E and his friend, Eve:


I hope you enjoy this movie as much as I did! Let me know what you thought. So far, the critics are giving it very positive reviews. Yea!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool you got to see it there. We have heard mixed reviews, but I love all the Pixar movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it with Jac and we loved it. I thought the first half-hour of 'silent movie' was awesome. It is amazing how the animators can tell a story without saying anything. I also enjoyed the depth of the themes to the movie. Also, the homages to several other classic sci-fi movies were super great. I'm going to try hard to remember them all next time I watch it. I know there were at least three references to 2001: A Space Oddysey. Even Carl Sagan got a nod with a 'pale blue dot'. Maybe that is just me though. Okay, super great. Hope you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete