Saturday, June 28, 2008

Frozen Entrees galore

If you're reading this on or after Friday, June 27th, that means three things:

1. The scheduling feature on Blogger is working like clockwork. (Literally?) I am writing this on Thursday.

2. My carpal tunnel surgery should be done by now. I'm probably sleeping somewhere, feeling guilty about not feeling guilty about how my husband has to be a seemingly-single parent over the weekend while I play the "But I just had surgery!!" card.

3. My family is probably eating one of the "gourmet" entrees that I froze before my surgery. Feeling a surge of extraordinary energy, I tried to get really prepared for my surgery recovery period. I bought two dozen bagels, froze them, then remembered I wouldn't be able to slice one-handed, defrosted the bagels, sliced them, and refroze them. I'm hoping the boys are excited about having bagels for breakfast next week. I cooked up 2 1/2 pounds of taco meat and froze most of it for later meals. I made two pans of lasagna and put them in the freezer. I cooked up several pounds of chicken and shredded it, then put it in the freezer for use in later entrees. I used some of the chicken to make two pans of chicken enchiladas. I also made two pans of regular enchiladas. I made over five dozen muffins (almond poppyseed and banana streusel) for breakfasts. Welcome to carb-land! I am ashamed to admit that I'm guilty of even buying... corn dogs... I resisted for six and a half years remembering how unhealthy they are, but finally gave in. And guess what? They taste pretty good when you are thinking about how you didn't have to spend an hour in the kitchen preparing them. Meal times should be exciting the next few weeks.

So there is an update on what I think will be happening by the time this post is published. That, my friends, is convoluted: posting a rehash of something that hasn't happened yet. Welcome to my world.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't checked blogs forever and didn't even know you were havign surgery. I'm glad things went well. (I'm assuming that since I saw you today they went well.) Good luck, hopefully you can have a few relaxing days. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously you have a mega freezer. I am jealous. I only have room for a few prepared meals in mine, but the minute I get a house I am getting a freezer. I love to cook ahead. Glad your surgery went well. I sat next to Josh yesterday in church. He had his hands full. It is good for men to see what we go through on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete