Friday, June 06, 2008

Notes

1. I saw the driver of a garbage truck throw litter out of his window onto the street. Kind of ironic, no?

2. I chopped my hair. I look in the mirror and see a somewhat pretty boy. I like it anyway and now I have some time to let it grow before I get another haircut.

3. I'm heading to California (again!) this weekend to hang out with my sister, eat chocolate at Ghiradelli Square, and see a benefit screening of Wall*E. I'm so stoked. If anybody out there is feeling charitable, give Josh a call and offer to help with babysitting on Monday because *technically* I don't have a babysitter for Monday morning yet. And I leave in 15 minutes to drive up to the airport. Oops. Sorry, Josh.

4. It's strange to be the center of my children's universe. We bought these cute letter-shaped graham cracker cookies. Thomas was playing with them and then said, "Here you go, Mom" and then left the room. When I looked down a minute later, I saw three letters arranged for me: M-O-M. Cute!

5. My house has never been so dirty. And I'm leaving for the weekend, so Josh gets to enjoy while I'm living the good life. Sorry again, Josh. I would feel guiltier but I know the house will be just as child-friendly when I return. Kids prove the law of entropy to be a firm truth.

6. I just finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns." Wow. I wouldn't recommend it to everybody but it was quite gripping. I stayed up way too late reading it.

7 comments:

  1. 1. Ironic, yes. Suprising? No.
    2. At least you don't look like an ugly boy. How short is short?
    3. You may have the best husband in the entire world. Wade and I were just discussing that this evening at dinner. How he would never allow me to leave like that.
    4. Maybe it was meant to say WOW
    5. Here's some motivation: One day, the Relief Society will think it wise to come in and clean your house for you.
    6. I tried it briefly, but I think it was too close to having read Kite Runner. I will have to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your hair, Eat some Ghiradelli for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed "A Thousand Splendid Suns." Not like reading "Pride and Prejudice..." I just started "The Blood of Flowers"--it's supposed to be along the same vein...I'm hoping less gritty and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun in California. I can't wait to see your hair. Mine is going in just a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun in California!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a fun trip... and I can't wait to see your hair!

    ReplyDelete