Friday, July 11, 2008

Better Late

A while back, I posted a few tidbits about my trip to see Wall*E in Emeryville. Today I finally sorted through my photos of my trip and decided to offload.. I mean, upload.. a few of them for your "benefit." I *love* San Francisco.

What do I *love* about San Francisco?

I love crossing the street from Ghiradelli Square and being able to roll up my pants and get sand in between my toes:

I love the anticipation of seeing what awaits me when I walk around Ghiradelli Square. It's not just the chocolate but the clever t-shirts, gourmet cupcakes (that I imagine are more satisfying on an aesthetic level than a culinary level), cute postcards and rich salty air:

I love the Embarcadero Marketplace! So many amazing tastes, smells, and tantalizing temptations to drain my checking account. What a fabulous place to spend an hour or two:
I love this new hangout that Steve Pastorino mentioned on his blog. I emailed him for details and ended up having lunch there the day I flew out. Why can't we have an italian deli like this in my city?

I love The Incredible fun at Pixar! And I love posing with The Incredibles:

I love being greeted by these guys. I feel like one of the gang working to make a better tomorrow ... today! ... at Monsters Incorporated:

I love feeling like I'm about to get squished like a sad little letter i :

A special thank you to the various people who made this trip possible and who made it so much fun. You know who you are. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I still have never been to pixar, we shoul totally go together some time. I need to go there. it's in my blood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great trip! I also love San Francisco, but I haven't been there in years. I'm glad that you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love San Fran too Julianna. It is about 2 hours from where I grew up. When we went to the "City" (in the '50's and early '60's), my mother and I would wear Sunday dress and white gloves. I loved going to I.Magnin's. Don't think it's still there. Lots of great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun!! You fit right in with the Incredibles!

    ReplyDelete