Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Google-icious

Have you tried out street view yet? It's Google-icious.

Try going to this view of Orem, Utah

Click inside the blue streets and you'll see photos of the street. And you can travel right along it by clicking farther on. I have no idea how they had the resources to drive their cameras all along roads all over the USA (and the world... check out the Eiffel Tower in Paris!) but it's awesome. You can drag the photo to look in a different direction, you can click to travel down the street or you can zoom in or out. This could make house-hunting or direction-finding so much simpler. This is one of my favorite online technologies ever... Google Maps Plus Plus!

3 comments:

  1. It's also a stalker's dream as well. Maybe you're a stalker...I have noticed a strange mini van cruising the streets lately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As cool as this is it's also a little creepy. But it's way fun to visits old houses I haven't been to in years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love street view - and so does my 4 year old. I can set him in front of my computer and he can spend a good chunk of time going around our nieghborhood virtually. Too bad it doesn't have the physical effects as excersize!!! :)

    ps. I guess I haven't seen a photo of you in a while. Your short hairdo is adorable!

    ~Jessica
    www.momshots.com

    ReplyDelete