Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No Surprise Here

I am Elizabeth Bennet!


Take the Quiz here!

I've always pictured myself as Elizabeth Bennet. This quiz proves it. Right? Who wouldn't want to be Lizzie? She's smart, funny, observant, moderately attractive ("Though not enough to tempt me" says Darcy), and loyal to her crazy family no matter how dysfunctional they are. I actually have small statuettes of Darcy & Elizabeth in my bedroom.

But let's be honest: is Darcy the best of the Austen heros? Even with his ten thousand a year? I am more inclined to think I would be suited for Snape's character in Sense & Sensibility. Or possibly whatshisbucket in Northanger Abbey. Although to be honest, I'd probably be the one trying to rescue the villainous Henry Crawford from Mansfield Park and later regretting it. Oh, wait.. it's coming to me. Captain Wentworth is the one for me. There you go. Can't argue with that, can you? He's charming, good looking, serious, sensible, intelligent and loyal.

All joking aside, my favorite thing about Elizabeth Bennet is one line from Pride & Prejudice: "I dearly love to laugh." Me and Lizzie all the way on that one.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:39 PM

    But tempt you she did Mr. Darcy :-)Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I am going to try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Lizzy also! And I must admit the new Mr. Darcy is well worth it!

    ReplyDelete