Friday, February 15, 2008

The New Mitt?

Feeling bad that Mitt's out of the running?

You said your voting wasn't affected by his religion. That would be irresponsible not to consider the issues. But come on. It at least piqued your interest, right? Let's be honest.

Well, if you're bummed that you can't vote "Mormon" since Mitt left the presidential race, there's good news!

There are two "candidates" on American Idol that are LDS. It may not be the presidential race, but we both know that you're more likely to vote for American Idol. I mean, you can vote from home. You don't have to register and you don't have to drive all the way over to the local school and wait in line. The bad news is you don't get a cute little "I Voted" sticker when you're done, but that would just be icing.

Here are the two new Mitts: Brooke White from Mesa, Arizona who says she has never seen an R-rated movie, and doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs. And 17-year-old David Archuleta from Murray, Utah who is just so darling and has such an amazing voice!

So if you're missing Mitt, take hope. And if you're not one to let religion sway you, cast your A.I. vote for the vocal style of Michael Johns. Good stuff.

4 comments:

  1. I am curious to see how the costume department enjoys having to work around Brooke's underwear. They were none to pleased having to work around Carmen's requests not to wear sleeveless, but it didn't matter if her skirt hitched up a little high while she pranced about. It should be interesting. I'm impressed with both of their talents, but I really like Michael Johns and Carly, the Irish as well. It's a good pool this year. Really awesome when they weed out the pretty, semi-talented ones in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true confessions of a mormon mother.

    You are funny. we are AI fans too and it is always have some one to cheer for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it! I told my sister I thought Brooke was a mormon and she (an Evangelical Christian) didn't want to hear of it.

    Now that young kid is awesome! He's my new Mitt!

    I'm going to have to keep it hush-hush so my family, who are all Christians, will actually vote for them!

    www.graceforgrace.com

    ReplyDelete