Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Analyze This { & Let's Connect! }

A few months back, I recommended Google Reader as a great way to keep track of blogs. That's a great resource for people who read blogs.

If you love to blog yourself, try this: Google Analytics. For the casual blogger like myself, who has earned a whopping $30 total from AdSense, Analytics is just a fun toy to play with. It tells you where your traffic is coming from, how many people visit your site daily, what they look at and how long they spend. (Although that last one is extremely unreliable from my experience.)

It tells you fun stuff like what keywords people typed into Google to find your blog. My most common one, consistently, is "Book Thief Quotes" or "Quotes from the Book Thief." However, the more random and amusing ones from the last month include:

1. Can frosting be frozen for later use?
2. are there true that love is all about beauty?
3. sabucol
4. there is beauty all around
5. 7 confessions austrian celebrities
6. bhl blah
7. chokecherry tree chill
8. costco owned by mormon
9. difficult mormon mothers
10. flashback thinking the brain
11. hot young living mom
12. i hate being a mormon mom
13. lds vanilla extract
14. lucky 7 blog
15. mormon wedding night (folllowed closely by:)
16. mormon dirty secrets
17. psychology and unopened gifts
18. roast wrap in plastic wrap
19. the lds ugly animals
20. umcka and fda

Huh. Makes you think, doesn't it? That was my most unusual 20 from the 130 search terms used to find this blog. I have no idea what sabucol or umcka are. #2 up there didn't even make sense to me. At all.

So if for nothing else, Analytics is always good for a laugh or two. Maybe a good snort when you see how people found your site through Google. Go sign up and enjoy. Email me if you have any questions about how to add the code to blogger.

p.s. My very loud children make the telephone even more antiquated than it already was. If you use Google Talk, add me to your list so we can chat! Leave a message here if you don't have my email address and I'll figure out a way to get it to you. I'm also (sadly enough) connected to Windows Messenger, ICQ, and Yahoo IM nearly all the time through Trillian. It's how I stay connected, so if you have an IM client, let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. So what are your thoughts on Umcka and the FDA. Personally I love umcka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Analytics. One of our funny key words was "slip biggi peeing" weird. I'm sure they didn't stay on our blog very long. Thanks for introducing me to google reader, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up for analytics but haven't taken the time to figure out the code thing. HELP! i'll try you on yahoo im sometime :) (capitalization goes out the window when babes in arms-one handed typing!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! I'll do it! I signed up for Google Analytics. Can't wait to see what I find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Can you read my new post, Its About Sudden Infant Death and God, and if
    you like it can you please help me spread the word,

    Thank you very Much
    Brian Carpenter.

    http://kicksids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I did it multiple times I am really sorry, I did not think it registered

    Brian Carpenter

    ReplyDelete