Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sucker for Punishment

Last year, entering the NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing) competition wiped me out. It took me several months to want to sing again after my dreadful performance. Well, I must be a sucker for punishment because I just signed up to sing again at NATS in March. I'm super excited, too.

This year, I no longer qualify to enter the novice division (three years or fewer of voice lessons) and there is no intermediate division for the adult group so I have to enter the advanced division. Since that includes all the voice majors from BYU and people who actually know how to sing, I'm going to enter the event non-competitively.

It'll be fun to have something prepare for and to get some feedback from the judges. Even better: none of the stress of having to sing in front of the recital hall! I think I may even perform in both the "Classical" and "Musical Theater" divisions so I can have even more fun.

Who am I? This is fun to spend months preparing for something where I know I'll be the worst singer in my division?

Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to come and root for you! Way to show courage! I am sure you will do well, especially knowing what you will be facing a little better this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I only did this when I was in high school...I was horrible *shudder*

    Best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete