Saturday, November 01, 2008

Historic Moments

A few moments to write in the old list of accomplishments:

1. I survived a one-day road trip with the kids. The last half of the trip was in the dark, sans dinner, in the back seat holding Thomas' seat belt so he wouldn't climb out of it again and again and again and again. Funny little game he perfected there. Not.

2. I cranked out my first 1300+ words for NaNoWriMo before 9 a.m. on November 1st. A mere 48, 700 to go! Woot! My storyline came together at 10:00 p.m. on October 31st so I'm feeling happy. I've never tried to do so much fiction writing and it's fun so far.

3. And the biggest news of all: after months and months and months and months of having ads on my website, I'm now more than halfway toward receiving my first $100 check! Wowsah! I'm almost rich! (Sheesh.)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first day of NANO writing. I was at it until 4 or so, but don't expect it to be so grueling from this point on. And congrats on the road trip! Was Joseph driving while you were in the back seat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens, no. Joseph is only six. :-)

    You know, people get my husband's name and my son's name mixed up all time. After all, if you take the name "Josh" and insert an "ep" in the middle, you get "Joseph."

    ReplyDelete