Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Road Trippin'

* Cedar Breaks is my new favorite place. I could stare at that view for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours....

* After horrificness on our day trip on Saturday, we learned a few things and our driving time yesterday went without a hitch. The kids amazed me.

* Who would have thought THOMAS would be the best behaved boy last night?!? I didn't see that coming. He slept through the night in our hotel without a problem. The other two, however ... let's just say that we didn't get much sleep.

* Hampton Inn was very good with us, working with us until they found two adjoining rooms with two beds, including a free upgrade to their king suite.

* Umm, those hotel doors sure are secure. If you use the crossover latch that you can only do from the inside, and then go through the adjoining doors and close them and lock yourself out of your hotel room, it really is a pain to get back into your room. Luckily, they didn't have to cut the lock off but it was a pretty close thing! Thanks to the Cedar City Hampton Inn maintenance crew for being my heroes last night. :)

* I CANNOT WAIT to see Zion National Park today. I love that place.

* Happy Election Day '08! 75% of polled Americans on CNN.com this morning think Obama will win. It has felt like it was "in the bag" for a democrat since about 2006. If McCain wins, it will be an amazing surprise!

4 comments:

  1. We went to Zion in January and I thought it was cool to go in the off season. Have great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a special place in my heart for Cedar Breaks, probably because that's where Jason perposed to me... I said no, but it was still romantic. Then he propesed again in Zion, and I said yes that time. Even mroe romantic! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally spelled purposed wrong... how embarressing! Some writer I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back. ROad trips are so fun! Write On!

    ReplyDelete