Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A little bit bossy

Joseph: "Mom, you're the beeesssst friend!"

Mom: "Thanks, Joseph, you're so sweet."

Joseph: "Mom, I really love you and Dad, but I've got to tell you a secret."

Mom: "Okay, what is it?"

Joseph: "Mom, I really love you ... but sometimes you're a little bit bossy and I like Dad a little more."

Mom: "Okay, Joseph. Parents get a little bossy sometimes. Have a good day at school."

This is the stuff memories are made of. What kind of mother would I be if I wasn't a little bossy? (This comes the day after Josh let him stay up past his bedtime playing a boardgame. Hmm.)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I came home later from my book club last night (10:15) and my kids were still walking around the house in their jeans, not even close to being ready for bed. They loooove when daddy's in charge at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds all too familiar at our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think bossy is the words my kids use when describing me. MEAN would be more appropriate. So go on and Boss all you want. That's our right as mothers.

    ReplyDelete