Monday, October 22, 2007

Rocky Mountain Cup



Real Salt Lake hoisted the Rocky Mountain Cup for the first time on Saturday. As one of the original founders of the competition, I could hardly contain my excitement as I was watching the game on my DVR.

Top two moments:

1. Around the thirtieth minute, Colorado's Colin Clark had a wide open net. My heart stopped beating for a second... until he casually flicked it in... to the goal post! Oh, Colin, thank you from the bottom of my heart for some good belly laughs. I needed that badly on Saturday.

2. Nick Rimando: you da man! Two saves in approximately two milliseconds was awesome. I think I'm going to call you Tigger from now on for bouncing up like that.

Honorable mentions go to:

* The goal that won us the cup. Obviously.

* And.. former-cRapid-turned-RSLer Beckerman's amazing yellow card. That also had me convulsing in laughter. Three seconds into the game. I kid you not. Awesome.

* Those amazing plays by Mehdi BallWHOchy? Seriously, Mehdi, love you man. But the irony of you not even playing while Beckerman threw Clavijo's lack of coaching in your faces... priceless.

* Seeing Eddie Pope holding some hardware for the last time in his amazing career. You are a class act all the way, Eddie, and you'll be missed in MLS.

* Knowing in the back of my mind that our victory was ending the post-season hopes for the C. Rapids. I think I'm gonna get a little teary-eyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment