Friday, October 19, 2007

FDA part 2: Are you kidding me?

You've got to be joking.

NO cold medicines to children under 6? At all? No discrimination between the different types or particular active ingredients? Just a wholesale statement that they aren't effective?

I beg pardon, but they are certainly effective for MY children. Thomas is sleeping sounding right now (as opposed to waking up, crying with a running nose, every 15 minutes) because of one of the now supposedly-inept medicines.

Okay, maybe I'm overreacting. But it sure seems like this is a bit too drastic of a statement to make, even if they're not actually banning the medicines (yet) or even forcing a change to labeling (yet).

Still waiting for more information. I sincerely hope this is not the final chapter of this discussion.

2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Little Colds have gotten me through many a night, and Maddie is just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell you what I have decided for my family: I am educated and certainly have been able to administer medication to my kids without a problem.

    So, I will continue to use them. They work for me. I use Vicks 44E when the girls are coughing so much that it keeps them awake!

    It's sad that because of a few, they are taking the medication off the market completely.

    ReplyDelete