Friday, April 17, 2009

Clever, clever

Somebody just sent me an email with the following instructions for how to start everyday with a "positive outlook":

1. Create a new file on your computer
2. Name it "Barack Obama"
3. Delete the file
4. The computer will ask you "Are you sure you want to get rid of Barack Obama?"
5. Firmly reply YES!

I thought this was quite clever. It deserved an appropriate reply:

How funny. I tried this EXACT thing with the name GEORGE W. BUSH for YEARS and it never cheered me up until this January....

I think it's hilarious when people send me jarring anti-Republican or anti-Democrat emails, forgetting that I'm unlikely to appreciate either extreme, given my proudly independent political views. It makes for great comfort, though, as I click "delete" and firmly reply "YES!" to getting rid of extreme political hate talk at either end of the spectrum. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Not that the previous example is extreme or filled with hate. It was definitely on the mild end of the spectrum. But! Some of the things I've had land in my inbox have made me ill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that. I lean to the right, but can't stand when it gets vitriolic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I agree one-hundred percent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am independent too Juliana. By Independent you mean, you don't vote straight republican or democrat every election, right? I go by the person and their views and policies. I do not vote straight rep or demo on the ballet. I too vote for the individual person. I believe ALL republican and democrate views are not all correct but I also believe they're not all wrong either. I think President Obama deserves a chance to fix this mess we are in. We needed some new ideas and direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your post and I TOTALLY agree. 'nough said ;)

    ReplyDelete