Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Movie Clips!

Note: The awesomeness of the many video clips on this post seems to have brought my blog to its knees. The background apparently decided to take a vacation. I'll see if I can fix it up. :)

Thanks, Kami! What a fabulous idea for a blog entry: my favorite video clips!

This one I couldn't find the actual video, but those of you who have seen the movie will be able to fill in the details. From one of my favorite movies, The Truman Show:



And I have to include at least one scene from another favorite movie, Persuasion. I could watch this any day of the week! Haven't seen it? Come on over for a movie night! My second favorite Jane Austen.. maybe favorite...



Gotta love this scene from Enchanted!



This one is a bit long, but you can fast forward to about 3:00 to get to the kiss. ;) Or enjoy the subtle humor that makes this a fabulous movie. From A Room With A View:



This is one of the greatest Jane Austen moments, done so well to show the sparks between Lizzie and Darcy:



Now you're invited to join the party! Let's see a few of your favorites! Leave a comment to let me know you're in.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Thanks for playing Juliana! I love the Truman show...it was so before it's time, and that clip from Enchanted...is a favorite at our house, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Persuasion. One of the most under-appreciated Austen films. So filled with sexual tension, and so answered in an appropriate way at the end. Cool post! I might add, if it were my post, Howard's End...the scene with Emma T. in front of the mirror crying...man. I also love the over-dramatization of Bette Davis in All About Eve. I love movies!

    ReplyDelete