Thursday, November 29, 2007

Random Thoughts

My children have been awake for two hours and the sun still isn't up. It's almost dawn. It's going to be a long day defined by sleep deprivation.

~~~~~

I dreamt of board games. Zooloretto was awesome and I can't wait to play Time's Up, Smarty Party, Ingenious, The Great Dalmuti, Eurorails, or Blokus. Or Corsari. Or Cartagena. Yes, I spent half of my Christmas budget yesterday at a fabulous local game store that I am completely twitterpated with. Check it out! It's running with low overhead (hence low prices) out of a basement of an office in an obscure location in central Orem and it's called Board Game Revolution. You can buy online, too.


~~~~~

Late Thanksgiving Reverie: I ought to give a list of things I'm grateful for, but there is one item that's so big, it clouds everything else out of my brain: an ever-growing family! (No, I'm not pregnant.) My sister was married this month and I have been so, so, so, so, so pleased to welcome David into our family. He fits in perfectly and we all truly adore him.

One of the best things about David (other than working for my most favoritest online company, Google!) is that we get to know his amazing family. He has absolutely the craziest family tree you can imagine with step-siblings and half-siblings and adopted-siblings and people that are "family" even though there's no blood connection. They are the most welcoming bunch of people you can imagine and I love each one of them. I can't wait to show Ben a present we couldn't resist getting him for Christmas. It's perfect. (Oh no! I just lost the game... again! Arrgh!) (We painted the underside green.)

No comments:

Post a Comment