Monday, May 28, 2007

Techie News

A local company made headlines today as the #2 fastest-growing tech company in America. (Read it here: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/b2fastestgrowing/2007/full_list/index.html) The company helps "mom and pop" businesses gain an online presence.

There is a certainly a huge market for this kind of service out there, so I'm not surprised. What did surprise me was the information available on their website. My first question, of course, was what kind of jobs they might have posted right now. (My husband's 50-minute commute each way is more than a little tiresome.)

I did not find any job listings online or even a link to job openings. Nor did I find a statement of "we do not currently have any jobs available." As I was mousing over their menus to see what kind of information they had available, I noticed that the menus were extremely straightforward. Then I moused over "Investor Relations" -- where a whole list of subitems was readily available.

So this business specializes in helping other people create an online presence... yet the seeming majority of their readily-available information is for investors. This brings up several questions as to their business model or, at a minimum, their public relations strategy. I do not feel compelled to critique in this area, since I have very limited information regarding the company. But it's something to keep an eye on. Best of luck to our local company as they "grow up"!

No comments:

Post a Comment