Monday, May 07, 2007

Frozen Scrambled Eggs

Who would have known you can scramble your custard to the point where it looks like breakfast food (stop laughing) and then stick it in the ice cream maker and it still turns out amazing?

I wouldn't have thunk it. But my husband did. And it turned out great!

After I ruined (correction: thought I ruined) my custard this morning, my husband went out of his way to try to comfort me. (Although his laughing didn't really improve the situation.) He made all the kids come and give me a hug and he said, "Don't worry. Everybody scrambles their custard sometimes."

So after he turned my mess into a lovely frozen custard yesterday evening, he started the pecans. (We were making butter pecan ice cream/frozen custard...) Well, apparently he let the pecans toast a bit too long and they got burned. I tried to comfort him, but I don't think it helped that I was laughing.

And the pecans tasted great anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment