Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Party Time!

To repent for a myriad of drab, photo-less blog entries, here are a slew of photos from the baby shower I threw last night, with how-to and recipe links at the bottom. I had so much fun crafting and cooking and baking!

From Party Pics


From Party Pics




From Party Pics


From Party Pics


From Party Pics


From Party Pics


From Party Pics


From Party Pics


From Party Pics


From Party Pics


From Party Pics


From Party Pics


* Pom-pom decorations (hung from ceiling, or you can make half pom-poms with four pieces of tissue and lay them flat as flowers)
* Fruity ice cubes
* The most amazing lemon cream tart filling -- the variation of this that I prepared had, I THINK, only half a cup of lemon. I don't like things TOO tart.
* The inspiration for all of it here and here
* Fortune teller candy dishes -- line with wax paper or parchment paper for a pretty effect
* My favorite cake recipe (use as layer cake, Maryann cake or cupcakes ... makes a fabulous strawberry shortcake base!) -- tastes even better the next day!
* Butterfly template -- This is a great project for your kids to help with!
* Yummy lemon cream cheese frosting and lemonade made from The Joy of Cooking. Flaky pie crust for tarts from the highly-recommended Baking with Julia.

5 comments:

  1. Ok I'm seriously enlisting you to help me next time I decide to throw a party! So cute! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it Devin was working late and I would have just left my kids with a show for a half hour but it was one of those days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had tickets to a play last night, otherwise I would've loved to come. It looks so fantastic. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julianna! Great job! I love the flower cookies! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab, my crafty friend! I hope you left the pom poms up... they are so cool.

    ReplyDelete