Friday, June 04, 2010

Cherished Moments of Youth. (Ha. Ha.)

Ahh those moments of youth, so cherished, so remembered. Those mistakes that we look back on fondly and chuckle over--moments of mortification turned humorous anecdote.

Like the time I put on lightweight khaki pants that were a wee bit snug and, when I heard an ominous stretching sound and looked in the mirror to see if they'd torn, saw only a slightly worn seam but no tear. So I kept wearing them for hours. Went to the store. Saw family. Then at night took them off, turned them over to inspect and discovered a ripped seam that was many (many) inches long. I had been wearing pants torn open and exposing my undies to the world for hours.

So humorous.

Or at least it will be someday. Not today. Because that happened yesterday.

But yes, someday I'll have a good, long chuckle about my struggles to fit back into normal clothes after my most difficult pregnancy. Some days I feel so young, so childish, so unpolished. Still so much to learn.

Ha ha?

4 comments:

  1. That happened twice to me in my pregnancy jeans within three months time. Not flattering. I took the jeans back to the store and asked for a refund, because I expect better than that. Both pairs of jeans were name-brand and only 2.5 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel childish and unpolished often. It keeps things interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry - but that sure gave me a greatly needed belly laugh. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, but so funny simple because it is something I would do.

    ReplyDelete