Thursday, February 11, 2010

Phew!

 x 18
+
  x 18
+
 x 35
=

I did it! My first attempt at homemade valentines has been super fun, although I forgot how exhausting it is to force my children to write their name that many times. That alone took forever.

The twins were fairly compliant at taking suggestions from Mom but Joseph was extremely picky and we had to compromise a lot to make his more "manly." We ended up with red and tan (which doesn't show well in the photos!) instead of the pastel colors I used for the twins.

The pictures don't do them justice because I know *nothing* about how to take good photos indoors when there is no light. Bleh! I can't wait to go make some for teachers, family and friends. I took a few to the nurses at my OB's office today because they put up with a lot from me. My OB says I am not a difficult patient, but I feel like a pain when all my third trimester woes start stacking up.

So now I'm done with the compulsory valentines and anything else I make is just for fun fun fun. Family, friends, visiting teachees, etc are just icing on the crafty cake. Hooray! (That means probably one more crafty entry and then back to life as usual for this blog. This many pictures in one month is just shocking, don't you think? You can see why when you sample my photography skills above.)

(Want to see someone who does this right? See my inspiration for Elijah's valentine gift.)

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed (says your friend, after sitting in the car at a local supermarket and helping her 6th grader tape chocolates to Winnie the Pooh prefab cards before being dropped off at school). sigh

    ReplyDelete