Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Hey, how are you?

Choose your preferred reply so I know how to respond when you ask how I'm doing. This might be better for everyone involved, since I'm not yet convinced that honesty is always the best policy.

A. "Fine."

B. "You know ... same old, same old."

C. "Great! My life is so stupendously perfect that yours probably pales in conparison!!! If you were predisposed to dislike me, this totally annoying reply will give you the justification needed to fully hate me without any guilt!"

D. "My current emotional state makes it difficult to believe that a future filled with any form of happiness, joy or social satisfaction is possible to achieve. In fact, I think that not only would hell have to freeze over for that to happen, but pigs would also have to be flying. In hell frozen over. And the pigs would have to be sweating despite the obviously frigid temperatures. That is how impossibly depressed I feel because of the number of rejections, failures, disappointments and problems in my life right now. How are you?"

E. "Why are you asking me this? What do you know? I didn't do it. Probably didn't. Maybe. If I did, I have a really good excuse for why I did. Stop looking at me that way."

F. I don't know. Ask me tomorrow.

Just leave your preferred reply below. XOXO

p.s. Can you tell it was a rough day?

2 comments:

  1. I'd say E. I think paranoia is bound to build healthy and lasting relationships. :) Seriously though, I'm sorry it was a rough day. Are you okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think F is the most honest. It carries the weight of the rest of it, but without actually saying any of it.

    ReplyDelete