Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wouldn't I?

Dear children,

There are certain things you should never say to your mother.

Yesterday, we learned that one of these things is: "YOU WOULDN'T DARE!!!" when your Mother threatened consequences for your slovenly habits.

You learned that Mom does dare. She dares to take away your favorite clothing, pack away all your toys that were strewn about the floor, unplug the Wii, change your passwords on the computer accounts, and give you each one bowl of dry cereal and a cup of water for dinner.

Oh, yes, children: Mother dares.

What lesson would you like to learn today?

Love, Mom

5 comments:

  1. LOL I seriously laughed aloud and read this to my husband. Hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Mom! I love a lady with follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry if my children had anything to do with the disaster! Of course I heard the it wasn't me when they got a talking to, but it will be good to have writer's group at my house next week. I love that you dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled across your blog and am loving your candor and grace in the face of lots of change/anxiety/etc. This post cracked me up though! Sounds like something my daughter (10) would say... and exactly what I would do in return. ;)

    ReplyDelete