Friday, April 23, 2010

The Wrong Reason

There are good, healthy, normal reasons to want to deliver your baby. Things like going into labor. That would be a perfectly rational reason to say, "Gosh I hope the baby comes soon."

Then there is me. My other children have birthdays that are, for lack of a better phrase, mathematically beautiful. The numbers all line up with numerical harmony oozing out of them. They almost bring a tear to my eye.

I was hoping this baby would come on 04/14/10 because it has a beautiful rhythm to it when you say the numbers in procession. No luck (and all for the best.) With time running out, I am trying to find more dates filled with mathematical poetry. 04/26 would be acceptable. I'm sure you know where I'm going with this because you're all as OCD about numbers as I am, right? Of course right. 0+4+2=6. Voila! Not too bad. We can make an equation out of it. Just disregard the year.

On the same note, 04/31 would also be acceptable since 4=3+1. 04/28 is acceptable since 4x2=8. I wonder if 427 or 429 are prime? It wouldn't be much, but it would be okay.

05/05 would make me cry geeky tears of joy since we could add the year into the equation: 5+5=10. How marvelous!

But there is one number that is inescapably beautiful: 04/24/10. It just sounds nice with the repeating four. Zero-four-two-four. Nice! But this birth date can also be an equation (including the year!) because 0+4+2+4=10! Doesn't it make you want to just stare at those numbers all day? (If you're not sensing a large dose of self-mockery, please ... please ... please readjust your expectations of this blog.)

However, that's only a day away and the chances are that my numerically poetic day won't be The Day. But I can still wish and hope. It's completely the wrong reason to wish myself into labor, but I challenge any of you to sit around on bed rest for nearly 10 weeks without your brain doing funny things to you. Perhaps this proof of mental boredom alone is a good reason to wish this baby here sooner rather than later.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh. Here I am thinking that my sister was the only crazy one. :) She desperately wanted to have her baby on 04/01/10 because March is a number three and 3 is not feminine. She was having a girl. She got her wish and now she has an April Fool's baby, which is fine with her.

    Been reading for a while now - always enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking 5/5/10 would be a good day for my baby boys, but I never considered the mathematical beauty. :) It's mostly because that would be a convenient day since my mom will be in town. Plus, I was actually thinking about how cool it would be to have them on Cinco de Mayo. My husband joked that then we could make their names really long, like Bryan Mac Pedro Alejandro Rodriguez Marcus Guadeloupe Ellis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think at this point any reason is a good one! My birthday is 4/26/64. Talk about your multiples of 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of those odd balls that never notice things like that until someone points it out... Yep, coming up with nothing for my kids bdays.

    I keep checking the blog to see if I can catch the exciting news sooner. We're thinking of you and wishing you could get off that cursed bed rest with a sweet little baby to hold. I think it is emotional torture to make a woman carry past an earlier mentioned possibility. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so the same way. I love that Janae was born on 06/06/00 espically when you write it the numbers are all circular. (She turned 6 on 06/06/06, and when she was born she weighed 6lbs 6oz how numerically awesome is that)

    Sarah is also good because she's 09/30/03--lots of multiples of 3 plus the 30 and 03 or mirror images.

    Hyrum is 03/06/07, which is not only nice mathmatically, but then two of my children were born on a 6th, I'm kind of hoping this baby will come on the 30th, so I have two 6th and two 30th. (05/30/10!!!) That is my due date so we can hope. Ah, I love when people get my mathmatical equilibrum!

    ReplyDelete